Most homes have wood fences, as they are more aesthetically pleasing and impenetrable than metal fences. But which type of wood is best to have a long-lasting fence? Two popular options are pine and cedar fencing. If you are interested in getting a pine or cedar fence for your Plano, TX home, call DFW Fence Repair at 469-531-7879 today.
Cedar Vs Pine Fence
It’s always a good idea to weigh the advantages and disadvantages of the types of fencing before purchase and installation. Consider budget, neighborhood, security, look, and more that could alter your decision. Below are comparisons of a pine vs cedar fence.
Pros and Cons of a Cedar Fence
- Cedar is extremely durable, lasting 30 or more years when left untreated! Its lifespan is slightly shortened when it is stained to give it a glossy finish or painted over, but is still one of the most withstanding types of wood.
- Cedar is naturally resistant to decay and insects, so little maintenance is required.
- Has a dark brown to reddish mahogany color that many find attractive. As it ages, it will fade to a gray color to give it a weathered look that some people like.
- Cedar also has a strong natural scent. Some find it pleasant, as evidenced by the multitude of woodsy perfumes and colognes available. Some find it overwhelming and are even allergic.
Pros and Cons of a Pine Fence
- Pine stands up great to the elements, and is as close to waterproof as wood can get. Pine is often used to build decks and porches along with residential fences.
- It is easy to stain in a wide range of colors.
- Requires more maintenance because pine will attract insects and decays and misshapes over time.
- Pine fencing often is chemically pressure treated to stop decay and rotting, but this can make the panels crack and warp.
- As a pine wood fence ages, it transitions to a golden brown color that makes for pretty fencing.
Get Pine or Cedar Fencing Today
Whether you choose a pine fence vs cedar fence, the contractors at DFW Fence Repair will properly and efficiently install it for you. If you would like to get your fence stained or add a fencing gate, we offer those services as well. We are the premier fence and gate company in this area, so call us today at 469-531-7879 for more information or to schedule an appointment. Get excellent pine and cedar fence installation in Plano, TX with DFW Fence Repair!